January 10, 2011

A Letter To My Husband

Dear Husband of Mine,

I am so thankful to have you in my life. Where do I even start? I am so glad that you decided to message me on Myspace that one day almost three years ago, no matter what your first intentions were. Sometimes I wish I could replay the 4th of July over and over again because that was the greatest day of my life; meeting you. In fact there are many days I wish I could replay over, like your homecoming from deployment. The feelings I had that day are indescribable and I wish you could feel them (even though I'm sure you had the same feelings yourself). We have had a lot of wonderful moments and I hope to have many more with you. Going the distance and getting married was one of the best decisions I have ever made with you. The decision to try to have a child and starting a family was the second greatest idea. Even though Liam is not quite here yet, I hope you understand how much I love him already and I know you already love him too. 

I know you will be a great father and continue to be a great husband. You are my rock, my soul-mate and most importantly my best friend. I honestly have NO idea what I would do without you. I know that at times we have our problems, but who doesn't? Most importantly we work through them and we become stronger as a couple. I don't always think you are funny, but you still manage to make me smile. Whenever I feel sick, you make sure I'm tucked in and do your best to make me feel better; you make sure I try and eat something and get some rest. You are always proud of whatever it is I do, whether it is milestones from the pregnancy, my photography, or school. We can act silly around each other, or do nothing at all. No matter what, we always have a great time together.

I wish you knew just how much I love you and how happy you make me. As soon as you walk through the door after a long day at work, you make sure a kiss and a hug is the first thing I get. You make my heart skip a beat and put butterflies in my stomach. Only you can make me feel that way, even if you don't always think so. I can trust you and confide in you. I can't wait until our little man can interact with you and feel the same way I do. We can get through anything together and I know we will always be happy. Sometimes I don't like that you play xbox all the time. Sometimes I like to be selfish during a weekend and have you all to myself. However, I always want you to do what you love and have fun in life too. 

We will have many more days and nights apart, but I want you to know that I always think about you no matter if we are apart for a few hours or a few months. I am trying to become a better wife and understand you more. We can make it through anything. I love you with all of my heart and that will never change. You are not just my heart and soul, but my whole life.

I love you,
Heleen.

0 pennies for my thoughts:

Post a Comment

Tell me anything you would like. I will still love ya no matter what. ;) I see comments as both rewarding and helpful. I want to know your thoughts!