April 16, 2011

Long Update on Early Anniversary Trip

 Whew so I finally had time to upload pictures and everything - time for an update!! Sorry for it being so long.


We had a good time for our early anniversary! Our ACTUAL anniversary is tomorrow, but the husband is in field in Yakima until Thursday boo.


Thursday:
We got up at 6:30-7am and I made us waffles with eggs and toast. Then we got ready and headed up to Seattle. Our check-in wasn't until 3pm so we ran around downtown for a bit. The weather was kind of crappy and cold, but we still had a good time. We went in the Columbia store and Adam got some new shoes. Plus we got 10% off for joining their mailing list. They were spendy, but $80 wasn't bad! He REALLY wanted new ones and he wouldn't stop talking about them. He even put them on as soon as we got them lol. Then we went to some other stores and got lunch in one of the malls near by - clam chowder in a bread bowl! Funny part - when we were walking around (holding hands of course), some black guy said as we walked by "YEAH black and white power, that's what I'm talking about" hahaha it totally made my day. After that we checked into our hotel (luckily we got to early because we got there at 2pm). It was really nice! The Jacuzzi was amazing and helped my pregnant aches. Don't worry, we didn't have it too hot. Plus the KING size bed was so comfy. We really need a King instead of our Queen!! Maybe depending on how much money is left after Liam is here lol. We could always sell our Queen since it's only maybe a year old.


ANYWAY - we spent some time with each other, in the jacuzzi or laying in bed watching tv. We decided to venture out and I made Adam go to the Cheesecake Factory since he has never been. Best of all, we took the FREE shuttle from the hotel (especially since parking is VERY spendy). We spent like $60 there but it was worth it and soooo good. I had chicken alfredo with sundried tomatoes and he had fish tacos. Then we had cheesecake for dessert of course. I had Adam's Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple or something (cheesecake with reeses, butterfinger, and caramel) and he had the Reeses Chocolate Cake Cheesecake (cheesecake AND chocolate cake layers with Reeses). We had to eat half later since we were so full AND we shared the rest of my chicken alfredo for dinner yesterday since there was so much. We had THE best waiter too. He was funny. Then we headed back to the hotel room and relaxed. It was very nice!!


Friday:
We woke up around 7am and had their AMAZING free breakfast. There were waffles that you could put fruit on, scrambled eggs, sausage (wish there was bacon), toast, bagels, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, coffee, juices - It was amazing and sooo good. I ate way too much but couldn't help it. Adam went down later around 9am and had more HA. After breakfast we watched tv for a bit and then checked out. We decided we didn't want to go home yet, so we went to the Pacific Science Center to see the Star Wars Exhibit (thanks to Adam) lol and all the others. We HAD to go to the butterfly house since I loved it last time. After walking around there for hours, I had to rest and eat so we we went to a burger place in a different building outside. It was a REALLY good burger and fries ha. Then we went back and finished Exhibits, followed by going to the top of the Space Needle (since Adam hasn't been since he was little). After that we went home and relaxed! I was so worn out, I never want to walk that much again. Luckily my amazing husband gave me a foot rub when we got home. I am way too pregnant for all of that.


All in all we had a blast. Next time we will probably try to either go somewhere else besides Seattle, or at least check out different areas. Maybe this summer when it's nice out. We will see.


Oh!! One more thing - I got a package from my sister today!! She lives in CO (where as I live in WA) and she spoiled Liam rotten! I am not opening the gifts until my shower next Saturday but I read the card and she also put in a $100 gift card for Target so I can get the crib set we want (which is $70 something). I can't believe she got everything!! Wish there was a better way to thank her!


Gifts from my sister!
31 Weeks - in our hotel room


Our jacuzzi

More of the room
Little guy outside my car in the hotel garage
Taking flight - Science Center
Star Wars Exhibit - Science Center

Playing in the mirrors HA - Science Center
Playing in the mirrors lol - Science Center

Giant table - Science Center

Giant table - Science Center

Butterfly Exhibit - Science Center

Butterfly Exhibit (life stages) - Science Center
Butterfly Exhibit - Science Center

Butterfly Exhibit - Science Center
View from the top - Space Needle
Space Needle
At the top (It was sunny) - Space Needle
Before going up - Space Needle
(jerk messed up the picture)

Our view at the top - Space Needle

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you had so much fun! I can't believe how fast time flies, it doesn't seem like it has been two years already. I am so happy that you have found such an amazing man to share your life with. I can't wait to hold Baby Liam!! I am going to do everything I can to visit this summer. I miss you so much. Take time to relax and rest before Liam is here...he is going to keep you busy!! Love You!

    Love,
    Rachel

    P.S - I LOVE the chair pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me anything you would like. I will still love ya no matter what. ;) I see comments as both rewarding and helpful. I want to know your thoughts!