May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

With today being Mother's day, I have a lot to think about. My mom was never in my life. My dad took over since as long as I can remember. I remember when I turned 18, my mom contacted me and tried to get me to talk to her more and reconnect with me. I thought it was the weirdest thing ever and I never did write her or call her. I haven't heard from her since and that was about 3 1/2 years ago. 

Now that I am married, my mother-in-law is now my mom in a way. She is always there if we have issues and wants to know what is going on. Most importantly we get along, period. I was always worried that I would have the MIL that didn't like me or didn't support us but she is so nice, so caring and that whole family definitely loves one another.

Even more so, it is crazy now to think that I will be a mother soon. Within about a month Liam will be here. I am not really celebrating today but I did get some "Happy Mother's Day" messages from friends and family. I guess those who are mothers to be should still be appreciated today. It definitely takes a lot to grow a healthy child! I never knew how much I could love someone who isn't even here yet, who is just so little.

So to all you mothers and mothers to be - Happy Mothers Day!

4 comments:

  1. You'll be a wonderful mother...happy mothers' day to you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be a wonderful Mother! I cannot wait to meet Mr. Liam! You are getting closer and closer everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heleen how do you make your blog so fantastic looking?! You must teach meeee!=)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me anything you would like. I will still love ya no matter what. ;) I see comments as both rewarding and helpful. I want to know your thoughts!