June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Dad and I at my baby shower in April
I'm lucky to still have my dad around and for him to always be there when I need him. He only lives about thirty minutes away, so I see him quite a bit. If not, he always calls at least a few times a week; if he doesn't hear from me, he calls anyway to make sure things are ok. Throughout the years, he has supported me in the eight years I was in band at school. He has kept a roof over my head and food on the table. He bought me my first car and let me have almost anything I wanted, simply because I was a 'good' child and did well in school. These days, he still helps out if we absolutely need it. I hate borrowing money or having him help, but if we need it he is there. He helped us out when we had our old apartment (all the money cost killed our savings) and he even helped co-sign my car I have now because he has AMAZING credit. He trusts me and trusts Adam. He knows we will pay him back if we ever borrow money. He knows I wont abuse anything; I mean, not everyone helps you get a new car with single digit interest rates. He is a good dad and I don't always show it, but I hope he knows that! I don't know what I would do with out him.

Now, I was hoping we could add to today and Adam would be father. I mean, he practically is right now. However, Liam is too stubborn to come out to the world because I am still pregnant (at 40 weeks, 2 days). He is just taking his sweet time. However, I know Adam will be a wonderful father when he does arrive. He loves this child so much already and we don't even know what he looks like.

So happy father's day to all you father's and soon to be father's out there!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you have a great father and that you appreciate him! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me anything you would like. I will still love ya no matter what. ;) I see comments as both rewarding and helpful. I want to know your thoughts!