October 6, 2011

Extreme Couponing Madness

My friend posted something on facebook earlier about how Extreme Couponing is a little ridiculous sometimes and that got me thinking.

I personally have started couponing about a month ago. However, I am NOT (nor ever will be) close to being an extreme couponer. I am the type that does it to save a little money and to 'get by' in life. Sure, I may take five copies of the same item. However, you will NEVER see me take one hundred! For some reason I love to watch that show, but at the same time it truly pisses me off lol. I mean, who wants to see people clear shelves and take forever in stores? What will non-couponers or even normal couponers do after that? I can understand donating or helping out your family but some go beyond that measure. Sometimes I just want to slap the person on that show and ask them why they think it is ok to clear shelves and piss people off. Plus, they are the ones ruining all the store policies and making couponing even harder.

That is my two cents. It just came to mind because I was looking at my past post of the haul I got ha. What do you think? Is that show out of line, or if you haven't seen it, do you at least coupon or anything else to save money?

7 comments:

  1. Yay I am the friend. Lol
    I feel bad for normal couponers to have these extreme couponers give them a bad name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These extreme couponers are going to ruin it for the rest of us who are just trying to make life a little easier and more enjoyable for our family!

    -Carriann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have couponed for a long time, shelve clearing is never a good thing. A lot of people are upset about the show, I have never actually seen it :) New follower from blogaholic, have a great weekend! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/
    Stop by when you get the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha of course Ashley!

    I agree with you all. I love the show though, but come on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great site. I am a new GFC follower from blogaholic. Hope you'll stop by and follow my blog. Look forward to following you.I shared your blog on My Life.'s face book page. Donna

    http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

    http://www.facebook.com/MyLife.OneStoryataTime

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think some people really take advantage of the system. These "extreme" couponers are definitely trying to live beyound their means. I think a quote that what really do them some good is "everything in moderation".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog through blogaholic.I love it! One of the extreme couponers that was featured on the show last year lives in my hometown and has some how become a local celebrity. I'm all for coupons but some of this is crazy! BTW, Under the Dome is amazing, I hope your enjoying it.

    Check out my blog if you'd like http://mygambleinthewind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell me anything you would like. I will still love ya no matter what. ;) I see comments as both rewarding and helpful. I want to know your thoughts!