November 10, 2011

Becoming a Healthier Me

If you didn't read my post about the 'diet' my husband and I are starting, then I suppose you should know that it's a low-carb type diet called the 'paleo diet.'It's made after how cavemen were. It isn't too bad so far. We have been on it a week today! I can't believe it's only been a week. I'm not going to lie, I love my pasta, bread and potatoes. However, this hasn't been too bad! I am learning new things to cook and they are turning out well. I've made pork chops with apples (which were amazing), as well as lots of other stuff (chicken fajitas last night, various soups...). I am still working on more stuff for breakfast and lunch so we don't get bored. Like this morning I had a smoothie. I forgot how DELICIOUS those were. I think ever so often I'll make some and freeze them up so either Adam or I can grab one without taking out the blender. We are both doing well on it. We will probably have a cheat day next weekend after payday. We will probably find someone to watch Liam for a couple hours so that we can go have a pizza and watch a movie. Even though it's our cheat day, we both want thin crust so that it's not outrageous for a cheat day, if you know what I mean? I'm glad we still some what have a plan for this diet, even if we aren't following it 100% on our cheat days. It wont be forever anyway, just for a few months or something to help us out. Plus, after a while you can slowly introduce more carbs into your diet.

Aside from that, I am trying to exercise more. Lately I have failed because it's too cold or I just don't feel like it. However, yesterday the sun was out and it wasn't as cold as past days. I strapped Liam in his stroller and we walked down the road from our apartment. He loved it. He was looking around and playing with his toy. Although he fell asleep shortly after we started lol. It was nice to go out and walk a bit though. It felt amazing, although I am so out a shape. A little hill even killed me, but i'll work on it. I want to walk more often like that! This diet is making us feel better all in all. I'm less tired in the morning and I feel good. Adam says his clothes feel slightly looser and he's feeling great. I hope this diet helps us out because that would be great. I need a nice jump start since I can't seem to lose the rest of this pregnancy weight. I can't wait until I can weigh myself and finally see a difference.

0 pennies for my thoughts:

Post a Comment

Tell me anything you would like. I will still love ya no matter what. ;) I see comments as both rewarding and helpful. I want to know your thoughts!