January 23, 2012

Getting Back Into A Workout!

I was thinking about writing this post as soon as I got home. Funny thing is I catch up on other blogs before I write. Well, I was reading Megan's blog, over at The Corral Connection and she was talking about how she was going to re-think her goals and get something going realistically. I cannot agree more! My friend and I hung out today and we decided to go on a walk around the lake. Mind you, we had that crazy snow storm and ice, all that good stuff. Well, there is still a lot of snow on the ground, but the roads are finally clear and it's sunny out. It is still a bit cold out, but it was warm enough to bundle up and go for a walk.

I have to say, it felt amazing! The last time I walked around the lake, Liam was tiny like, super tiny. Maybe a month old or two. He is almost seven months old now, so it's been a while! I feel energized; which is great since I was exhausted this morning. Therefore, I really would like to start walking more! We will see for now since it's still cold, but definitely when it warms up a little more, I want to walk every day or at least five times a day while the husband is at work. It will be good for both me and Liam I think. I spend too much time inside the apartment, so it's nice to get out. I feel really good about this. Especially since I haven't been feeling good about myself. I need to lose more weight; I want to lose more. My husband loves me the way I am, but I don't. I feel that I need to be happy with myself, which I haven't felt in forever.

I plan to eat better. I have slacked a little. I plan to make realistic goals, like Megan mentioned for herself. Overall, I would eventually like to lose 65lbs-ish. For now though, a realistic goal for me is to lose at least 20lbs by maybe June. I know I could lose a lot more since that is about five months away, but you have to realize that I have a really hard time losing weight. If I could do that, I would be happy. I think it's a solid goal for me. I also believe I could do it! Especially with the attitude I have right now. I can't wait to be a better me. For both myself and my son. I would love to be able to run around with him and do anything he wants to do.

I know I will never be a size 2 and I am perfectly ok with that. I would love to be a size 12 at least. I love having curves, just not this many. I hate telling people this because I am ashamed, but I love would to be in the 100's for weight. I am far from that. Even 199 would be amazing. The world is harsh, but I don't care anymore. Anyone can tell I am not 'skinny' or anything close. I want to be a better me.

1 comment:

  1. yay! we can motivated eachother. i am looking for a treadmill so i can start running at home! blah! i have never liked cardio, but that is the way to get slim. and your goals seem very realisitic! good luck. you have to remember that i am 5 feet 0! my bmi states i should be between 97-123. gag me! haha

    ReplyDelete

Tell me anything you would like. I will still love ya no matter what. ;) I see comments as both rewarding and helpful. I want to know your thoughts!