June 19, 2012

Sausage and Cauliflower Rice


So I know I have been super busy and haven't been posting lately, but I wanted to share my dinner. We had cauliflower rice with turkey sausage and veggies. Cauliflower rice is simply a head of cauliflower chopped up to make the consistency of rice. You can use a blender, but we used our magic bullet. Add some spices and some meat, then it wont taste so much like a vegetable. I didn't really use a recipe though. This is what I did though:


 Makes 2 Servings
  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 squash
  • 1/2 onion
  • 2 peppers (I used 1 orange, 1 yellow)
  • 1 package of sausage (I used turkey but you can use any meat)





Break off the cauliflower and add it to the blender. Chop it up until it looks like the consistency of rice and set aside. Then saute the onions and veggies in a little of olive oil. Add some seasoning and then warm up the sausage (unless whatever meat you use needs to be cooked). From here you can either cook the rice in a pan or you can warm it in the microwave (that is what I did). Serve the meat and vegetable mixture over the 'rice' and you have a fantastic, healthy meal. Feel free to substitute the meat and vegetables for anything else you like.

2 comments:

Tell me anything you would like. I will still love ya no matter what. ;) I see comments as both rewarding and helpful. I want to know your thoughts!