July 9, 2012

Paleo Pork Stir-fry

I posted the other day about how we started on the Paleo diet. Well the other night I made stir-fry. Let me tell you; it was amazing! You would have never known I was on a diet ha. It was full of flavor and food! Try it out; it's a nice change for dinner. I will for sure be making this again soon!


Paleo Pork Stir-Fry

Ingredients:
2 small pork tenderloins, trimmed of fat and sliced into thin strips
1/4 cup chopped cashews 
1/2 med sweet onion, chopped (green onions would be better but I didn't have them)
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
4-5 stalks celery, sliced
2 cups broccoli, chopped into bite-size pieces
1/2 head cabbage, shredded
1 small can sliced water chestnuts (I don't like them so not included)
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
6 tbsp soy sauce (the only cheat as far as Paleo goes)
Sesame seeds for garnish

Instructions:
Heat a wok or pan over high heat. Add coconut and sesame oils and swirl to coat. Add pork to pan and cook until meat has browned on all sides, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, celery and broccoli; stir for 1 minute or until vegetables begin to release some of their liquid. Add  cashews, garlic, ginger, cabbage, and green onions. Toss to combine and then pour in the coconut aminos. Cook for 3 minutes or until cabbage has wilted. Garnish with sesame seeds.

0 pennies for my thoughts:

Post a Comment

Tell me anything you would like. I will still love ya no matter what. ;) I see comments as both rewarding and helpful. I want to know your thoughts!