July 12, 2012

Zucchini Lasagna

So the other night I knew I would be starting orientation for MY NEW JOB. I made a note about that in yesterday's post. Anyway, so I wanted something with leftovers. Lasagna came to mind. Instead of pasta, you use zucchini. If you like lasagna and zucchini, you will love this!




PREP: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total: 55 – 60 minutes

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 lbs grass fed ground beef
  • 1lb mild Italian sausage (we used Italian sausage rope)
  • 5 - 6 zucchinis (I used a knife to cut rounds- you can slice long ways if you want)
  • 1 onion diced
  • 4 cloves crushed garlic
  • 2 tbsp dried oregano
  • 2 tbsp dried basil
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
  • 1 can (28 oz) of diced tomatoes draine
  • 1 small can (6 oz) of tomato paste
  • 1 can black olives sliced (optional - I left these out)

DIRECTIONS
  • Preheat
 ovento 350
 degrees 
  • Ina large pan, sauté the onions and garlic in the oil for about 3 minutes
  • Add the ground beef and sausage until brown
  • Season the meat mixture with all of the dry ingredients,add the drained diced tomatoes and tomato paste,and mix well
  • In a 9 x 11 glass baking dish, place a layer of sliced zucchini, making sure to overlap
  • Next, ladle on a thick layer of the meat mixture, and top with the sliced black olives
  • Top meat and olive layer with another layer of sliced zucchini and top with a final layer of the remaining meat mixture
  • Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes
  • Let the lasagna sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving
 Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Tell me anything you would like. I will still love ya no matter what. ;) I see comments as both rewarding and helpful. I want to know your thoughts!