August 7, 2012

Paleo Bread

I have a new recipe for you all. Being on Paleo, I miss breads sometimes. However, I found a fantastic recipe for paleo bread. It uses almond flour and eggs, as well as a few other things. It definitely holds up well enough for bread. We had it for toast this morning and it was fantastic. Next time, I want to make a little more so that the pieces are bigger for sandwiches and such, but it's great. It's pretty amazing with almond butter too (like peanut butter but with almonds). I found this recipe from this fantastic site called Multiply Deliciousness.

Paleo Herb Bread
1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
2 tablespoons fresh herbs of choice (I used rosemary and thyme), chopped
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
5 eggs
¼ cup coconut oil, melted 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (I just used water)


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a standard loaf pan.  Set aside.
Place almond flour, coconut flour, flax, herbs of choice, salt, baking soda in a food processor and pulse together to combine.  Pulse in eggs, oil, and vinegar.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean

NOTE: If you don’t have fresh herbs on hand you can use dried herbs but just use less of them.  Maybe ½  to 1 teaspoon or 1 tablespoon at most each of the dried herb of choice.

0 pennies for my thoughts:

Post a Comment

Tell me anything you would like. I will still love ya no matter what. ;) I see comments as both rewarding and helpful. I want to know your thoughts!